Unlock Your Potential: Enhancing Flexibility at Mike’s Fitness JP
At Mike’s Fitness JP, we recognize that a lack of flexibility can result in numerous health issues, from stress to back pain, and even osteoarthritis. Insufficient flexibility can also prolong the healing time for joint injuries. In fact, studies show that up to 60 percent of the general population with bad backs and knees have tight hamstrings and hips, primarily due to a lack of flexibility.
Active-Isolated Stretching (AI)
Renowned athletes have been using Active-Isolated Stretching (AI) for about a decade, but it’s only recently that this method has gained public recognition. At Mike’s Fitness JP, our trainers have long utilized this technique to rejuvenate tired muscles in our clients and to maximize their performance. Unlike conventional stretching, which can lead to muscle strains and tears, AI stretching safely enhances flexibility and boosts muscle recovery by improving oxygen supply and toxin removal.
AI Stretching Instructions
At Mike’s Fitness JP, we recommend wearing comfortable, loose clothing for stretching exercises and having a five-foot length of rope with a loop at the end. The rope aids in maximizing the stretch. We create a comfortable environment, complete with mats and professional guidance to assist your stretching routine.
The secret to effective stretching lies in muscle isolation. Contract the muscle opposite to the one you want to stretch. This causes the targeted muscle to relax, making it ready for the stretch. Stretch this muscle gently and quickly until it can’t stretch further; then give it a gentle pull with your hands or rope for no more than 2 seconds, repeated for a total of 5 times. This methodology circumvents the protective muscle contraction that usually follows a forced stretch, thus enabling a better range of motion.
At Mike’s Fitness JP, we encourage daily stretching, with emphasis on:
- Focusing on one target muscle at a time.
- Contracting the muscle opposite the target muscle.
- Stretching gently and swiftly.
- Releasing the stretch before the muscle reacts with a protective contraction.
Here are two exercises you can do immediately, even while at work:
- Wall Stretch: Lie down on the floor with your buttocks against a wall and your legs straight up the wall. Flex your toes towards your knees slowly, hold for two seconds and repeat five times. This exercise provides instant relief for tired backs by stretching the hamstrings and hips.
- Chair Stretch: While sitting in a chair, extend one leg straight out. Flex your toes towards your knee and lean towards the foot, stretching your hands towards it and letting your head and shoulders follow. Hold for two seconds and repeat five times. This exercise creates a stretch across your lower back and neck.
Benefits of a Flexible Body:
Our professional trainers at Mike’s Fitness JP know that a flexible body offers multiple benefits:
- Enhanced efficiency
- Increased strength and endurance
- Greater range of motion
- Improved balance and injury prevention
- Faster recovery from workouts
With Mike’s Fitness JP, enhancing your flexibility is no longer a hurdle. We don’t stop at flexibility; if you’re looking to take your fitness journey to the next level, we have the best personal trainers in Boston at your service. Our passionate and highly qualified trainers will guide you with personalized training programs designed to meet your unique fitness goals. Our promise to you is more than fitness; it’s a healthier, stronger, and better you. To embark on your transformational fitness journey with us, feel free to reach out and contact us. We are ready and excited to support you in achieving your best fitness for life!